Episode 87 - 19 May 2021
What Young Leaders Want You To Know
On this episode of the Church Leadership Podcast, John McGee is joined in the studio by three young leaders: Emma Dotter, JD Rodgers, and Gabrielle Odom. Together, they discuss what younger leaders want older leaders in the church to know.
7 Things Young Leaders Want You to Know:
- We need you to develop us. Eventually you will be passing off control of your ministry to us. We want to be prepared and know you have the knowledge to help us get there.
- The older you get, the more relevant you become. While you may not feel like you are always keeping up with trends, the reality is as you get older you grow in wisdom. That makes you more relevant than ever.
- We don’t want to take up your time…we want to be a part of your time. We don’t want to just participate in trivial tasks or do your busy work. We want to be a part of your lives. Don’t be afraid to invite us into the busyness of your every day.
- We need you to champion us. When we have good ideas, we may not always have the experience or authority to see them carried out. We need advocates.
- We can help you translate. There is no one better at helping you understand the younger generation than us. Let us help you understand if things start to not make sense.
- We see social media as a massive opportunity. Like it or not, social media is here to stay. We are experts at it and understand how effective it can be at reaching the lost.
- We need you to run your race and finish strong. Too often, we see older leaders burning out and giving up. We need you to rest and abide so that you can finish strong.
Sr. Director of Watermark Resources
Cohost of Church Leadership Podcast